What is National Cadet Corps ?
The National Cadet Corps (NCC) is a youth development movement. It has enormous potential for nation building. The NCC provides opportunities to the youth of the country for their all-round development with a sense of Duty, Commitment, Dedication, Discipline and Moral Values so that they become able leaders and useful citizens. The NCC provides exposure to the cadets in a wide range of activities., with a distinct emphasis on Social Services, Discipline and Adventure Training. The NCC is open to all regular students of schools and colleges on a voluntary basis. The students have no liability for active military service.
Aim of NCC
The ‘Aims’ of the NCC laid out in 1988 have stood the test of time and continue to meet the requirements expected of it in the current socio–economic scenario of the country. The NCC aims at developing character, comradeship, discipline, a secular outlook, the spirit of adventure and ideals of selfless service amongst young citizens. Further, it aims at creating a pool of organized, trained and motivated youth with leadership qualities in all walks of life, who will serve the Nation regardless of which career they choose. Needless to say, the NCC also provides an environment conducive to motivating young Indians to join the armed forces.
- To Create a Human Resource of Organized, Trained and Motivated Youth, To Provide Leadership in all Walks of life and be Always Available for the Service of the Nation.
- To Provide a Suitable Environment to Motivate the Youth to Take Up a Career in the Armed Forces.
- To Develop Character, Comradeship, Discipline, Leadership, Secular Outlook, Spirit of Adventure, and Ideals of Selfless Service amongst the Youth of the Country.
Motto of NCC
The need for having motto for the Corps was discussed in the 11th Central Advisory Committee (CAC) meeting held on 11 Aug 1978. The mottos suggested were “Duty and Discipline”; “Duty, Unity and Discipline”; “Duty and Unity”; “Unity and Discipline”. The final decision for selection of “Unity and Discipline” as motto for the NCC was taken in the 12th CAC meeting held on 12 Oct 1980.
The NCC is a responsive, learning and continuously evolving organization. Its activity is guided by certain Core Values that we endeavour to instill among all ranks of the NCC. These include the following:
- A sense of patriotic commitment to encourage cadets to contribute to national development.
- Respect for diversities in religion, language, culture, ethnicity, life style and habitat to instill a sense of National unity and social cohesion.
- Abiding commitment to learn and adhere to the norms and values enshrined in the Indian Constitution.
- Understanding the value of a just and impartial exercise of authority.
- Ability to participate in community development and other social programme.
- A healthy life style free of substance abuse and other unhealthy practices.
- Sensitivity to the needs of poor and socially disadvantaged fellow citizens.
- Inculcating habits of restraint and self-awareness.
- Understanding the values of honesty, truthfulness, self-sacrifice, perseverance and hard work.
- Respect for knowledge, wisdom and the power of ideas.
WE THE CADETS OF THE NATIONAL CADET CORPS,
DO SOLOEMNLY PLEDGE THAT WE SHALL ALWAYS UPHOLD THE UNITY OF INDIA.
WE RESOLVE TO BE DISCIPLINED AND RESPONSIBLE CITIZEN OF OUR NATION.
WE SHALL UNDERTAKE POSITIVE COMMUNITY SERVICE IN THE SPIRIT OF SELFLESSNESS
AND CONCERN FOR OUR FELLOW BEINGS.
NCC Song Lyrics
Hum Sab Bharatiya Hain, Hum Sab Bharatiya Hain
Apni Manzil Ek Hai,
Ha, Ha, Ha, Ek Hai,
Ho, Ho, Ho, Ek Hai.
Hum Sab Bharatiya Hain.
Kashmir Ki Dharti Rani Hai,
Sartaj Himalaya Hai,
Saadiyon Se Humne Isko Apne Khoon Se Pala Hai
Desh Ki Raksha Ki Khatir Hum Shamshir Utha Lenge,
Hum Shamshir Utha Lenge.
Bikhre Bikhre Taare Hain Hum Lekin Jhilmil Ek Hai,
Ha, Ha, Ha, Ek Hai
Hum Sab Bharatiya Hai.
Mandir Gurudwaare Bhi Hain Yahan
Aur Masjid Bhi Hai Yahan
Girija Ka Hai Ghariyaal Kahin
Mullah ki Kahin Hai Ajaan
Ek Hee Apna Ram Hain, Ek hi Allah Taala Hai,
Ek Hee Allah Taala Hain, Raang Birange Deepak Hain Hum,
lekin Jagmag Ek Hai, Ha Ha Ha Ek Hai, Ho Ho Ho Ek Hai.
Hum Sab Bharatiya Hain, Hum Sab Bharatiya Hain.