The Department of Political Science was established on June 1962. Presently, Political Science is taught as an optional subject for the B.A. course. The department is enriched with different types of teaching and learning equipment. The admissions and results of the department are better every year. The department organizes various co-curricular and extra-curricular innovative, best Practices activities such as study field visits, Field Project, regularly to encourage innovative and analytical approaches among the students. Guest lectures of eminent personalities are organized on various topics. The faculty provides special guidance for various types of competitive exams. The Department of Political Science runs a short-term career- oriented course like “Political campaign’s & Development of Political Leadership.” for
B.A. Part-III students. The Celibrated many days of Political Science Important. The department also encourages and facilitates scholars to follow their career in higher studies and academic integrity in the field & Political awareness of Political Science.
To be a leading centre of excellence in Political Science, Sub branches of political Theory, Political Thought, Political Process, International & Comparative Politics, Constitution of India & Political Process, Public Administration about knowledge & research, education and community engagement, fostering critical thinking and producing socially & Politicaly aware graduates who contribute to the betterment of society & our Citizens. The Department of Political Science endeavors to generate new knowledge & produce students who are trained in Political Science.
Enlightening students to understand the processes, dynamics and outcomes of interactions of the Department of Political Science strives to pursue academic excellence in teaching, research and extension.
- To Provide knowledge in different areas of Political Science & To study and imbibe various concepts of political science.
- To undertake teaching, research and extension programs in major branches of Political Science.
- To motivate learners to participate in various academic activities & programs.
- To develop communication & presentation in debate & Discussion skill of the students.
- To create awareness the philosophy of Indian Constitution among the students& To create ideal citizens with democratic values
- To create awareness among the students about Political campaign’s & Development of Political Leadership.
- To organize Subject related workshops and guest lectures for career enhancement.
- To produce all qualities of political leadership and administrative servants.